Thursday, February 23, 2012

Wedding Recap: Saying "I Do"

After taking a night off (thanks to a migraine that decided to pop up), I'm back with the third installation of our Wedding Recap. If you remember, the first two parts were all about us getting ready and our First Look. But now it's time for our ceremony.


First let me introduce you to the setting.


We had our ceremony out in what is technically the parking lot of the Farmer's Market. Normally, they only allow ceremonies underneath their covered patio. But due to a miscommunication when we first signed our contract with them, they graciously allowed us to have our ceremony there. And I am so glad I fought for it, because our pictures turned out beautifully! I can only imagine what it would have looked like underneath the tented patio.


At the beginning of the aisle, we set up a little decorator's table with a simple tablecloth. On it we included our programs for our guests to pick up as they took their seats. We also included a canvas picture from our engagement shoot and one of the first photos we took together when we started dating. We also had a candle there for our friends and family members who had passed away.

But now onto the processional. Of course we started with the grandparents.


These gorgeous people are my mother's parents. Although they are divorced, the older they get, the more they get along. I think its because they've reached that point where the past is the past, and the only thing that matters is today. The hubby only has one living grandparent, but due to health reasons, she couldn't make the trip down from Connecticut.




My Granny passed away a year before we got married. It's been a rough time with myself and two of my cousins getting married (you can see more about those here and here) and not having her there. I think it might have been a little tougher on me because, growing up, we always were told by our Granny that she would be the one to buy our wedding dresses. For a long time, every time someone brought up the idea of buying my dress, I would hold back tears. Anyways... the reason for all of that was to explain the sunflowers. Although absolutely nothing else in our wedding had yellow in it (the hubby actually hates yellow), the sunflowers were for my Granny - they were her favorite flower. So, my brother and sister walked them down the aisle and placed them in the seat that my Granny and Papa (who also couldn't make the trip from out of state) would have sat in.





My lone bridesmaid rocking two groomsmen. It's okay though. Don't judge. The one the right is her fiance.



Who do you think is more nervous? Our former youth pastor or the hubby?


I absolutely LOVE this sign! There were a few versions of this sign on Pinterest (here, here, & here) and I knew it would be the perfect thing for the boys to carry down the aisle. Props to my bridesmaid for pulling through for me and getting this done just in the nick of time.








It was a little touch and go in the days leading up to the wedding. We weren't sure if my Dad would make it down from Georgia. If it could go wrong, it did. But he did everything he could to make it, and for that I love him even more. 



The kids' faces were too funny! My niece looked bored. And the boys were more than a little hyper. I seriously couldn't stop laughing at their dance moves and funny faces. My nephew was soaking up all of the attention. The hubby couldn't understand why everything was so funny. But he couldn't see all the action going on behind him.









Remember that whole part about laughing? Yeah, well, it also didn't help that our pastor was telling jokes. Right as I was about to put the ring on the hubby's finger, our pastor cracked a joke about the hubby's sweaty palms....they were pretty sweaty!


I don't remember what part of the ceremony this was, but our friends' face in the background cracks me up every time! So serious!

Then it's time for the kiss. I don't remember the exact wording, but our pastor said something about the longer the kiss lasts, the longer our marriage will last... whatever he said, the hubby took him seriously!





More laughing! I know it's wrong to laugh in the middle of a kiss. Especially a kiss where you have 100+ people watching you and taking pictures. But when your new father-in-law suddenly blasts an air horn in the middle of the kiss... yeah, I laughed.



Afterwards we all headed over to a gazebo on the other end of the parking lot. Basically, we made that our "meeting place" for everyone in the wedding party. We chose not to have a receiving line so that we could quickly get to taking family photos. Instead we chose to go around to every table during the reception and say our hellos.















So there you have it. The new Mr. & Mrs. I absolutely loved our ceremony. We were surrounded by family and friends. People we love and people who love us. We are both truly blessed to have the family and friends that we do.

Still to come: Portraits of both family and the wedding party, including more pictures of the car that you got a sneak peak of. And then we have all the reception pictures.

And as always, I don't want to forget to thank the amazing duo over at Fat Catz Photography for the amazing photos. You two were awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...